I am failing with remember to take pictures of the final product but this was an amazing soup! Few ingredients and easy to make.
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cans Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 C Veggie Broth (use a good one!)
- Red Pepper, super thinly sliced (I used about 1/3 of a pepper)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Branches Thyme
- Mushrooms, halved
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Garlic, chopped (a lot)
- Olive Oil
1. Cut base of brussel sprouts and halve. (I cut my down enough so some of the leaves fall off)
2. Sauté onion and red pepper in some olive oil in a soup pot. Add the brussel sprouts to the onion mixture and sauté for another 5 minutes or so.
3. Add the beans, thyme, and broth. Season with s&p. The broth should just cover all the soup ingredients, so add more if necessary.
4. Simmer soup until brussel sprouts are tender.
5. While soup simmers, cook the shrimp. Sauté the garlic in some olive oil and add shrimp cooking until just pink. Season with s&p and set aside.
6. Once brussel sprouts are tender blend 2/3’s of the soup into a puree. (I tried to blend most of the brussel sprout hearts).
7. Return blended soup back to pot and add the mushrooms and shrimp. Simmer once more until shrooms are cooked and season more if necessary.
** Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of the blended soup. The beans added a nice creamy smooth texture to the soup which was a light earthy green color. So delicious!