two egg pita on the left, one egg pita on the right
I would say I eat breakfast about half of the week… some mornings food just doesn’t appeal to me, but when it does I satisfy myself with a delicious meal like this…
eggs as they are cooking
Incredibly easy breakfast sandwich!
- Garlic Powder
- Butter (for the pan)
- Avocado, sliced
- Tomato, chopped/sliced
- Cheese, sliced
- Pita, halved
- Melt a bit of butter in a skillet.
- Once hot add eggs. Season them with a couple sprinkles of oregano, paprika, salt, and just a bit of garlic powder. I like my yolks cooked through so sometimes I slice a knife through the top of the yolk so it cooks quicker and spreads some into the white- today I didn’t).
- After the eggs are about 2/3 cooked through top them with cheese and cover the skillet so the cheese melts and the top of the eggs cook fast
- Heat the pita until soft in a prewarmed oven.
- Layer in the avocado, egg, and tomatoes.
- Top with hot sauce.
notice the delicious yerba mate in the background