I forgot to take pictures of this entire meal until it was in my bowl. Luckily I used my crock pot so there’s not much to it. Yesterday was a bit of a day and I cannot begin to tell you how happy it made me to know I didn’t have to think of dinner especially when it didn’t happen until 10pm! Definitely wishing I was able to sleep more last night but everything surfaces so we can move onward and upward. Just remember communication is easily muddled when emotions are flared, and most problems do arise from miscommunication. Process, accept, and let go! Here’s my recipe real quick and I’m off to work..
- 1 c dried black eyed peas
- Applegate red pepper Italian sausage, hot
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 fennel bulb
- 18 oz, fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
- veggie bouillon
1. The night before you want to make this meal, rinse the cup of peas and soak them over night in some water.
2. The next day rinse the soaked beans, drain, and add to crock pot.
3. Chop onion, mince garlic, slice carrot into thin rounds, dice celery, and chop fennel. Add all to crock pot.
4. Slice sausage into thin rounds on the diagonal and add to crock pot.
5. Lastly add the can of tomatoes, 2 t of veggie bouillon, s&p, and top crock pot with water.
6. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.