Bison burgers and elk burgers are truly where it’s at. We opted to buy a pack of frozen bison burgers over fresh ground beef and I’m
glad we did. Bison is quite lean and tender. I find it easy to chew which really makes a difference for me.
We topped the burgers with some sautéed shrooms, cheese, tomato, and radicchio.
And in keeping it true American style we had some fries along with it. Waffle fries are always my favorite,
but since I rarely eat fries Josh tends to win buying the normal kind.
Mushy fries are the best and with waffle fries you’re guaranteed plenty of mushy goodness in your mouth!
- bison burger
- Bragg liquid aminos
- olive oil
- white wine
- Marinate defrosted burger patties with some s&p, Bragg, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat oven and cook fries according to package.
- While the meat marinates cook mushrooms. Heat up some olive oil in a skillet and over high heat add the mushrooms. Mix to coat with oil and add a splash of white wine. Cook liquid off and at this point mushrooms should be tender.
- Cook patties on a skillet. Shortly before done top with mushrooms and cheese. Continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Assemble burger with desired toppings. What we used I listed in the second group of ingredients.