I decided to make more of a dessert banana bread, something different for me. I used red bananas just because we had them but next time I’ll stick to the yellow… better flavor and texture in the bread. I also used a mixture of chocolate chips and vegan carob chips. The vegan carob chips were a bit smaller and definitely more bitter. Not a bad thing to contrast the sweet chocolate instead of nuts.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, bananas, and chocolate chips to the creamed butter & sugar.
- Stir banana mixture into flour just to mix, (over stirring will make the bread dense and heavy).
- Bake for ~1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Baked perfectly, dark color from the brown sugar.
vegan carob chips look like raisins