This is one of my favorite tofu dishes and I’m sad to say I cannot take credit for this creation!! I found in on the blog: Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
Basically you bread the tofu and bake, but the combination of ingredients is truly incredible. The tofu melts in your mouth!
An awesome baked tofu recipe by Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- Tofu, pressed and then sliced into 6 or 8 slices
- Fresh Bread, 2-3 slices
- Pistachios, I use raw ~1/2 cup
- Maple Syrup
- Soy Sauce
- Sunchokes, scrubbed and washed
- Lemon juice in bowl with cold water
- Pecorino Romano (I use this instead of Parmesan
- Cheese, grated
- First press your tofu for ~20 minutes.
- Then marinate it in ~2 tbsp soy sauce until ready to be breaded.
- In a food processor blend the bread slices and pistachio nuts. Season with s&p
- Mix ~1 tbsp mustard, ~1/2 tbsp soy sauce, ~2 tbsp vegenaise, ~1 tbsp maple syrup in a shallow bowl. Taste and add more of the ingredients if needed.
- Assemble tofu: dip one piece of soy sauce marinated tofu into the mustard mixture and then dip in the breadcrumbs. I press the breadcrumbs into the tofu to make a thick layer on all sides. Place the breaded tofu on a baking sheet and repeat with the other pieces of tofu.
- Bake in a 400 oven for ~20 minutes. I like my breadcrumbs to get a bit brown and crispy so it tends to take a little longer.