First of all I’m bummed on the crappy picture I took. This meal was really beautiful with all the colors. The asparagus has a vibrant green color even though the tips don’t look it. Boo!
Anyway. Josh and I were both home during lunch hour so I figured I’d make a nice easy meal for us. We had some asparagus from a dinner that didn’t end up getting cooked so I decided to roast it with a little olive oil and serve some fried eggs on top. I go in and out with runny yolks, but asparagus goes wonderful with them. A poached egg would have been delicious too!
- asparagus, bottoms chopped off
- olive oil
- cheddar cheese
- Ezekiel tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Toss asparagus in a bit of olive oil and roast in a single layer for 15 minutes. They will still have a slight crunch to them.
- Meanwhile slice tomato and avocado, and grate a bit of cheddar cheese.
- Right when the asparagus are about to be done fry eggs in a bit of butter. I didn’t flip them but covered the pan for a bit at the end to cook the whites on top through.
- Serve asparagus on the bottom, topped with the egg and cheese. Avocado and tomato on the side. Season with s&p. Serve with warmed tortilla wedges.