I have no idea where my inspiration came for this but it was a definite success. Work has been a bit stressful and tiring so I’ve been keeping my kitchen time minimal hoping to cook quick meals. The vegetable chopping took the longest, but not too bad.
Asian Salad with Warm Lemon Ginger Tamari Dressing
There are four parts to this meal. The raw veggies, the sautéed veggies, the shrimp sauté, and the warm dressing. Somehow it all works!
- Napa Cabbage, shredded
- Bok Choy, stems matchsticked & leaves chopped
- Snow Peas, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Carrot, diced
- Garlic, chopped
- Radish, bulbs matchsticked & leaves chopped
- Apple, matchsticked
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Tamari, 4 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice, 1/4 cup
- Ginger, 3 tsp grated
- Grapeseed oil, 6 tbsp + more
- Place the shredded cabbage, chopped carrot, and matchsticked apple in each serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small skillet heat up some grapeseed oil and sauté the garlic over low heat to infuse the oil. Once garlic has started to soften add the radish and snow peas. I wanted the radish and snow peas to be soft so I cooked them for awhile before adding the matchsticked bok choy stems.
- In a larger skillet heat up some grapeseed oil and toasted sesame oil. Once hot add the onion and sautée for about 5 minutes. Then add the radish greens, bok choy greens, shrimp, and 2 tbsp tamari. Sauté this until the shrimp cook through.
- In a small pot heat 4 tbsp tamari, lemon juice, ginger, and 6 tbsp grapeseed oil over low heat until sizzling.
- To Serve: Top the cabbage, carrot, and apple with the bok choy sauté and the shrimp sauté. Drizzle dressing on top.