Here’s my version of a vegetarian chef salad. Plenty of protein and nutrition. And also simple and quick for those late nights (the new story of my life!). The can of beans contained 21g protein and the tempeh 24g protein!!!
- Romaine Hearts, chopped
- Endive, chopped
- Tomato, sliced into wedges
- Avocado, chopped
- Egg, hard boiled and chopped
- Smoked Tempeh Strips
- Salad Beans, rinsed and drained
- Watermelon Radish, sliced super thin
- Annie’s Red Wine and Olive Oil Vinaigrette
1. Cook tempeh bacon. In a skillet heat up some oil, I used peanut, and lay the tempeh strips in the oil. Cook both sides until browned and crispy. Crumble.
2. Assemble salad… place all ingredients in a salad bowl. Dress and mix well!
The salad I made was pretty large and we ended up eating the entire bowl!!